Monday, July 18, 2011

the list


Have you heard about "the list"?

As you may or may not know, Kate frequently asks for new toys, puzzles, games, etc. I feel like she is constantly asking me, "Mommy, can I have this Disney Princess puzzle for my next birthday?" Or, "Mommy, can I have this computer for Christmas?" My typical response was "maybe" or "I'll think about it". Then, one day I thought I had a brilliant idea, I would start responding that we could add things to her list. How clever of mommy! I would no longer have to tell her "no". I could just say, I would add it to the list. I naively thought Kate would tire of me saying I would add it to the list. Silly mommy! Now instead of being asked if she can have the toy for her birthday or Christmas, she instead says/demands, no less than 57 times a day, "Mommy, add {insert desired toy of the moment here} to my list." And, she also now checks on "the list". For example, she saw a puzzle in a catalog and asked me to add it to the list. Then, not an hour later, she asked "mommy, did you add the puzzle to my list?" I think it is safe to say that mommy's list idea is working too well! And, for those of you who are curious, no, I am not really keeping a list! That would push me over the edge I am teetering on most days...

No comments:

Post a Comment