Thursday, September 1, 2011

Happy Birthday


Happy Birthday Liz! I can't believe you are one year old today. Your first year has been exciting and trying. I am not going to sugar coat it, there were times when you were a rough baby and it seemed you would never get used to being a part of the outside world. At times I feared you would never stop crying or sleep all night. But, here we are one year later and I can honestly say having you is amazing and I can't imagine going back to our odd numbered family of 3. You are the fourth member of this family and you make us whole.

I love your demeanor. In so many ways you are the opposite of your sister. You like to eat! You savor life, enjoying each moment, discovery, and new accomplishment. You take your time and ease into life.
You just want to be held and snuggled. I hope you stay so open and loving.
You love your big sister and tolerate her abundance of emotions and bossy pants ways. You are not a push over even though you can be accommodating. You will not be overrun.

And sometimes you have a temper; you are not afraid to tell us what you want and what is on your mind.
I love your little quirks, like your obsession with eating hair, the way you walk laps around any room of the house you are in, and your love for the dustbuster, but absolute fear of the vacuum.

Happy first birthday, sweet pickle!

Love, mom

No comments:

Post a Comment